By calendar this weekend marks the end of summer, however Santa Barbara’s best weather is just beginning and some new housing inventory is starting to hit the market. With added home competition sellers are pricing their properties carefully and are more willing to go the extra mile to make their homes stand out above the rest.
There are positive and negative energies associated with every property, even in such a beautiful setting as Santa Barbara. Sometimes simple changes can make dramatic differences in a home’s appeal. The following eight principles are very easy, effective, and have been promoted by the art of Feng Shui for thousands of years.
1. Inviting front door and entry.
2. Every room has a true function.
3. All infrastructures in working order.
4. Outdoor plants in good physical condition.
5. Furniture positioned well with backs not facing doors or windows.
6. Doors and windows unblocked to allow energy flow.
7. Balanced interior and exterior with each equally inviting.
8. Accents added where appropriate.
A good publication to read which has helped many bring positive energy into their homes and lives is Move Your Stuff, Change Your Life by Karen Carter. I appreciate your inquiries on the subject and to helping you maximize the potential of any real estate you’re interested in.